"Every good and perfect gift is from above" James 1:17

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wow~Time has been just flying by these past few weeks. First of all, we did get to have our first Yard Sale Fundraiser, along with cold temps and strong winds. We did pretty good considering the weather. We added hot coffee to start the morning and switched to lemonade after the first couple of hours. My nieces were real troopers, all wrapped up in blankets and selling lemonade.

We have also had our first office meeting with our caseworker. We were rushing to get to our appointment on time and arrived a bit frazzled (me). We were able to just retell our story~how we met, what first attracted us to each other, our marriage, and our everyday life. We also discussed questions about the adoption process. The time flew by, and it was a very positive experience.

Today~We are awaiting our caseworker for our home visit!! We had no idea this day would come so soon. We thought it would a month or so before we were this far along, but after our first office visit, we were told it was 2 weeks away. Then, I received a call asking if we could go ahead and do it within a week. I don't know what I was thinking when I said yes, but now we are glad that the day is here and will be over within just a few hours. I think my kitchen floor is so clean we could actually eat off of it~that is a first!

We have many people praying for us today, and we are feeling peaceful and calm. Bobby has been calm all along, but I think it is different for women. I have another woman coming into my home in about an hour to look things over. It is a bit intimidating. But, we are ready and after today we have one more office visit. After that, our homestudy will be complete, and we will officially be "WAITING PARENTS"!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment