"Every good and perfect gift is from above" James 1:17

Friday, May 7, 2010

We have been working so hard to prepare for our first Yard Sale Fundraiser! We tried to have it last Saturday but had to reschedule due to tons of rain. Our nieces were disappointed. They can't wait to run their lemonade stand for their little cousin's fund. We have had so many family members and friends donate items for our sale. We are blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives. So, tomorrow we will be up bright and early to get everything out and ready to sell. I hope we have lots of buying customers!!

Also, we have scheduled our first meeting with our caseworker. This is just another step closer to becoming parents, and we are so ready to keep moving things along. I am actually thinking that I want to start preparing the nursery a little bit. I have thought during this process that we should wait until we know for sure our baby will be our forever child before preparing the room. Now I am thinking that if we go ahead and paint and start adding a few items here and there, we will have something fun and exciting to focus on during the wait.

Mother's Day is this weekend. That has been a particularly hard day for me for the past 2 years. This week I have felt the dread begin of having to face it again. But, I do know that we are moving in a positive direction, and we both feel that by this time next year maybe I'll finally be a Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment